I saw a sign today that read "It's not a Day Off, It's a Day to Remember"
Unity...the word has been on my mind for a while. I have been a little nervous about taking the babes to the MLK march by myself this year. I think just the crowd of people, not knowing what to expect and the nervousness of being bombarded with a bunch of comments or questions. I usually anticipate the worst and was pleasantly moved, to say the least!
Michael was going to get the whole day off, but couldn't. I called him last minute today just to see if he could at least take an extra long lunch...YAY Daddy! We decided to go to the program they had at the Capital (due to babes' upcoming lunch time and nap times). It was perfect weather and we had perfect timing. The crowd was very controlled and the kids even had room to run around the side of the building as we listened to uplifting speeches and music. One of the things that brought tears to my eyes was that of which had been on my mind...unity. Everyone in the crowd united by holding hands as a preacher gave a blessing to all listening. There we were, so many colors all united. Liam sat still in my arms, not shy or scared, as I held another man's hand who had his son on his shoulders. Peace filled my heart. A recorded speech from Martin Luther King played at the end of the program, followed by one from O'Bama.
Change is here, and for us, it could not have more perfect timing!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment